Model talk Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Model talk
all the talk bout thegioi nguoi mau

Cheap MLB JerseysCheap MLB Jerseys View next topic
View previous topic
anyway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Every summer for the past five or six years I have reread Scott Peck?s quirky book about psychiatry and golf Wholesale NCAA Jerseys From China , Golf and the Spirit. Peck is probably better known for his best selling books about his experiences and insights as a psychiatrist, such as, A Road Less Travelled. In Golf and the Spirit, Peck combines his love for golf and what golf has taught him about the human condition and relates that to his years as a psychiatrist, and what studying the human condition that has taught him about golf.

If that sounds a bit convoluted, well, paradox is one of the recurring themes in the book. Peck says in the introduction that reading the book might take 12 strokes of your game, and it might not. His advice on the physical and technical sides of the game is simple, keep your eye on the ball and take a nice easy swing, and, watch a good player and imitate the swing. The book is more about the mental part of the game, and the behaviour that is required to succeed at golf and in life.

Peck, who has spent decades as a golfer, and now, unable to play Wholesale NCAA Jerseys China , creates his imaginary dream golf course on a tropical island. In each chapter he plays a hole on the course, reflecting on memories of past experiences, both as a golfer and a psychiatrist. Along the course, he ponders issues like, why it is so difficult for people to change, even though they want to, whether it is correcting your golf swing to get rid of a slice or someone trying to overcome an addiction and everything in between.

A couple of the recurring themes are difficult concepts that define difficult words. Peck returns again and again to the concept of kenosis, the idea that to change you must empty yourself of self. Self gets in the way. Every golfer knows that the mental game plays a big part in a golfer?s success. Golf involves the often difficult paradox of relaxing and concentrating at the same time. Golf cannot be played well if ones mind is distracted with all kinds of thoughts, whatever they may be about. Somehow, it is best to be thought-less. The mind must be emptied, which is the beginning of kenosis.

Another concept Peck returns to often is called cathexis. This word describes the human condition of developing an emotional investment in destructive behaviour. It is applicable to golf as it is many things in life. We can?t change because we can?t give up the emotional investment we have in our behaviour, how that behaviour defines us.

I am often surprised, yet I guess not really because I have done it too, at how often I see golfers at the driving range make the same bad swing time and time again, somehow expecting a different result. If you want to change the result you have to change the swing Wholesale NCAA Jerseys , the stance, the grip, something. I found that my game started to improve when I started experimenting. What will happen if I stand with my feet closer together? What happens when I draw back a bit farther on my backswing? Eventually, you find out what works and what doesn?t work. In the process, you give up the emotional investment in one way of doing things. It is a form of kenosis.

I can?t say for sure if Peck is responsible for taking twelve strokes off my game, but my game has definitely improved since reading and rereading his book. I think there is a correlation. Learning to overcome cathexis with kenosis is probably not being taught at many golf academies. But read the book, relax and enjoy it, and your game will probably improve.
Author's Resource Box

Ron Strand is a college instructor, consultant and golfer who writes for a golf website.

Article Source:

An Introduction to Mega Yacht

Mega yacht charter is an ultimate picture of luxury. If you are looking for an excellent, and once in a lifetime vacation, mega yacht is just ideal for you. A mega yacht is a huge yacht charter, which accommodates a relatively small number of guests in total lavishness. A Mega yacht cruise calculates about 100-400 feet in length. It is also defined as a private luxury sailing vessel, the size of newer mega yacht models are more bigger surpassing more than 450 feet. The beautiful accommodations and hospitality areas of these super-vessels are perfect sites for special occasions like wedding party, birthday event, company celebration or any other important events.

A mega yacht charter allows you complete freedom to go almost anywhere you desire and promise to make your vacation a dear for lifetime. From Greece and the Mediterranean to Miami and the Virgin Islands Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Shop , you could take pleasure in soaking up some amazing sunshine aboard your yacht charter with enjoying thrill and adventure in some wonderful destinations. The most popular yacht charter destinations consist of the Caribbean, Bahamas, New Zealand and even such extremely exotic destinations as Thailand in Southeast Asia.

A well-planned mega yacht charter features the most excellent toys money could buy. In addition to such taken for decided activities as swimming, sunbathing and other enjoying tasty meals and cool drinks in the shadow of the ring, spending excellent time in the company of friends and family, mega yachts offer a huge deal of extra leisure and entertainment facilities not available on any other types of yachts.

Some of the unique features on these luxury yachts comprise Jacuzzis on deck, helicopter pads, in house theatres, fiery swimming pools, wave runners, and brilliant sport fish fighting chairs. Everything you could just imagine could be found on one of these floating islands of luxury.

When you choose mega yacht charters you could rest assured that you would have the perfect vacation, combining the rest and recreation that you crave with the chance to see some stunning sights and enjoy a huge range of excitement. Overall, if you desire to wow your guests and family with royal treatm. Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic